When content for a webpage is created and published, image optimization is probably the last thing an author knows about. Well, it is an acceptable mistake if an author’s example is taken into consideration in this context. But, it should be in the “Absolutely-To-Do” list of an SEO Vancouver specialist before posting the graphical parts of web based content.
According to the SERP feature history of Mozcast Feature Graph, Google images search ranking is 3rd in the list with 32.4% of organic search results following Adwords – Side of 42.6% search results (2nd in the list) and Adwords – Top of 58.3% search results (1st in the list) respectively.
In this post, I’ll try and explain certain small SEO steps which can improve the visibility of your webpage with the help of image optimization:
- Naming of the Image Files: Even if it sounds absurd, a proper image file name plays a generous role in image optimization. According to google, a file name of “Testing Audi A8” does well than “IMG_909”.
- Character size of File-name: 3-5 words file name is optimal for an image file.
- Format of Image Files: When it boils down to the format of an image, JPEG steals the show. Instead of putting a PNG file in your webpage, try putting JPEG for better results.
- ALT Text: ALTernate Text is a great visibility influencer. Generally, every image should have an ALT text with it which should be descriptive enough for the crawlers.
- Do Not Stuff your image’s ALT Text with keywords. It is considered as a bad practice nowadays. Keyword stuffing is being target by google and everyone should avoid this dangerous habit.
- User Experience should be the primary concern of every SEO activities we do. Google has become user centric and it is always better to perform the activities taking the requirements of random potential user in the mind. This part should be taken care of carefully. The quality of images should be good yet it should not take more than 2-3 seconds to get loaded in a decent internet connection.
- Placement of Images: yes, the placement of images in a web page also decides the faith of the page. It is talked about and a proven fact that if the text surrounding the image is matching or, of relevance, it has a greater chance to get pumped up in the search ranking.
After performing above given steps, the changes of your webpage getting visible in google search results get higher than ever. Please the context of this article in mind. It is also very possible that image optimization does not yield you expected results but for this to happen, you might blame the content associating it as well. Image optimization should be your only way to get ahead but it surely gives you an admirable edge over the others.
Factors such as Image metadata, Dimensions of images and, such things are also said to be crucial factors for SEO Vancouver purposes but there is no definite proof of it. However, it is always advisable to keep an account on all of the relevant factors for better results.